

Collie Club of Colorado

Board Meeting

July 20, 2016

Attendees: Cindy Cornelius, Chuck Crone, Kathy Mesler, Kelly Neeley, and Peggy Heywood

Meeting called to order at 7:48 pm.

First of all, we all would like to give Haydee a big Thankyou for hosting the summer picnic!

Kelly: I did not send an agenda so we will try to recall what was discussed last month.

Peggy: I sent the Treasurer's Report earlier.

Chuck: Does the report reflect what we made at the trial?

Kelly: That was probably in the June Report. Brenda has not cashed the show check.

Peggy: She said she had gotten it but just hadn't cashed it yet.

Kelly: Any questions?

Everyone: No.

Peggy: I got hold of Pat Foos – she is sending the club a check for \$75 for the difference in the amount we were charged for clean-up. We owe her \$125 for entries. I will get with Kathy and wrap up the June Show Report.

Kelly Neeley was added on to the checking account. The new checks are in. We ordered a club debit card – do we want to use it?

Kathy: Didn't we just get rid of the credit card?

Peggy: Yes

Kelly: We decided to order the debit car. If we don't want it we can cut it up. It is so much easier.

Cindy: I am very much in favor. Chuck has had to wait quite a while for reimbursement. Debit cards have good protection on them.

Kelly: Can we pay AKC via debit card versus checks?

Chuck: I believe so.

Kelly: The Treasurer has the only possession and has sole control of the card. If she can't use it we will have to resort to a check.

Cindy: They usually provide a confirmation number.

Kelly: The Treasurer should be able to have access to all accounts. Now that she has the card – it should only be in the Treasurer's possession, including the numbers.

Cindy: There could be a situation where Kelly, as the other designee should have access to the card – i.e., extraordinary circumstances. PIN should reside only with Peg and Kelly.

Kelly: Motion to the club to use a debit card.

Kathy: Seconded.

All in favor.

Peggy: This way there won't be any more blank checks going out.

Kelly: Let's reiterate that all reimbursements must have receipts.

Cindy: Peggy has been very good at writing down procedures – she could articulate the use of the debit card. It would be useful to have formal procedures. Could be incorporated into the by-laws. Treasurer's position is very technical and we can get your knowledge recorded.

Peggy: I will work on it.

Cindy: Archive on-line somehow? Our by-laws are available to all members. Shouldn't everyone be able to see the procedures for the Treasurer.

Kelly: They should be emailed to potential candidates. Anyone who is interested in running for Treasurer should know what the job entails. We have discussed that the Treasurer needs to be at events. Perhaps being there at least at the end of the day – this was suggested by Haydee.

Kathy: Excellent idea.

Cindy: Some procedures of electronic format to have a record other than the paperwork. If anything should happen to Peg's notebook it would be a disaster.

Kelly: Kathy, Do we have anything from previous years in the minutes?

Kathy: Was not given anything from the prior years. I have my archived minutes from when I was president and this year's.

Cindy: We should brainstorm on how to archive.

Kelly: Let's touch on the June Trial. When you look over Show Reports – we have stuff that hasn't been in yet. If there is something missing, put everything else in. We made \$5.00 on catalog sales.

We need to start thinking about how many catalogs we actually need. Brenda asked for 25 and would give her ten extra. We asked for \$2 per catalog and received \$5.00.

We should ask for pre-orders for catalogs with entries. When I did a 30-page catalog I was told to expect \$10 - \$13 per catalog. They did not pay that. It came as a donation.

Cindy: What has to be done for a desktop printing?

Kelly: What typically gets printed for April?

Peggy: I think 50.

Cindy: My desktop printer does 2-sided.

Kelly: That is why so many clubs are doing pre-ordered. We can just start thinking about it.

\$1,635.90 were the total expenses for the show. We made \$494.60 profit for the June Trial. Do we all approve the Report?

Kelly: Kathy, please attach the Treasurer's Report and the June Report to the minutes for the members.

Chuck: I will get the contract out to Mary Wells in the next couple of days.

Kelly: The All-Breed show for October, 2017 is already hiring judges. They have reached out to Mary about judging their show on Sunday.

Chuck: I sent out a thankyou to the stewards for the June OB/Rally. I have not received a signed contract from Bill Brokken. I sent him a new one.

For October 28th – sending out emails so we can begin fleshing out the premium list.

Kelly: We are working on nailing down the pamphlet for the seminar. I have talked to Collies-on-Line about running an ad on the first Saturday of October.

Chuck: Does it matter who does that? Should it typically fall to the corresponding secretary?

Kelly: I just think whoever can get this done should do it. We don't have an ad from Macy yet. We need to start promoting the seminar. Peggy had an idea to send it to Shelties-on-Line as well. Mary has said her seminar applies to both.

Kelly: We cannot jump to Plum Creek until we have all the facts. We are exploring options. The specialties all run on a Thursday. Is that an issue? Everyone will have to move to National Western on Sunday. We need to have something in place.

The August general meeting – We will be discussing this.

Cindy: Conceptually, it seems as though everyone is willing to go ahead. Didn't see any dissents in the emails.

Kelly: Some members won't be happy having to split their time. A member has suggested we only have our specialty. I think Plum Creek may have to move their date. In the long run the specialties may all end up on Friday.

Joann has said someone asked to hold Plum Creek at Arapahoe.

They should be able to accommodate an all indoor show there now.

We really need to think this through. I gave Hildy permission to hire the OB judge in April. I think because we are holding an event then we may be able to hold out spot.

I checked last month's minutes – we didn't have anything tabled.

Kelly: Our membership applications should be going to Kathy in the future. Peg, Do you have LeeAnn and Jill's application?

Peg: I do. She started the application in July.

Kelly: Can you reach out to them to remind them they need to attend two meetings or let us know when they have attended? They may have an older application.

Cindy: Do we give them a list of meetings?

Kelly: It is on the website with Kathy's email as contact. I am just trying to make sure there is a paper trail. Kathy, will you reach out to Shelley and see if she can remember if they have attended any meetings?

Kathy: Sure.

Motion to adjourn the meeting. Kelly and Cindy seconded.

Meeting adjourned at 9:26.

