

# Collie Club of Colorado Board Meeting Minutes

May 18, 2016

Meeting called to order at 7:36 pm

Present: Patrick, Kathy, Peggy, Chuck, Cindy

Patrick: I will preside. Call the meeting to order. Kelly is not here.

Cindy: I sent out an email regarding outstanding checks. The Treasurer's Report needs to be revised. I sent out a second report. I will have to send it in PC format.

Patrick: Good catch, Cindy. I looked at it but not in great detail.

Cindy: I have been wrong before, but thought I should look into it.

Patrick: Let's table the Treasurer's Report. Peggy, do you have anything else to report?

Peggy: I don't know about the Creative Trophy. There were some errors and a name left off. Kelly Roche is looking into it. Two of the trophies need to go back, so there is no show report yet that is final. Should have all of the input by the June general meeting.

Cindy: The meeting is on Saturday, right?

Peggy: That depends upon the show schedule.

Cindy: OB/Rally is on Friday, right?

Patrick: Corresponding Secretary, do you have anything?

Chuck: I sent copies to our Board of the AKC approval for October. Brenda sent her letter of acceptance. Still waiting for Bill Brokken's. As for volunteers for the OB/Rally, I have exchanged emails with Shelley. Haydee is in charge of that. I can

email her and find out how they are doing. Patrick, have you contacted Bill Brokken?

Patrick: I will contact Bill regarding whether he is judging for CDHA – maybe we can share the bill.

Chuck: Try to be sure about the bill.

Patrick: I will do that.

Peggy: Not sure if Haydee needs a date to finish finding someone in case we have to pay someone.

Patrick: Cindy, did you tell her you would be happy to help?

Cindy: We haven't talked recently, but I think she knows I will do it.

Patrick: Since Kelly isn't on the call just call Haydee and find out who she has and does she need help – and cc Kelly. I did not ask Lynn if she wants to do Hospitality.

Chuck: We don't need unnecessary conversations. I wasn't aware that we would do Hospitality for OB/Rally.

Patrick: We usually do coffee and like we did for the Specialty. Should I call Lynn?

Chuck: Haydee may not be doing it. Isn't that for the show chair to do? Between us, I don't think we need to duplicate the contact. It should be either you or me, Patrick. Maybe Shelley delegated everything to Haydee.

Patrick: I think it is appropriate for the Board to be kept in the loop.

Chuck: One judge is driving, the other may fly or drive. They have been contacted and are good to go. One judge may be able to drive up in the morning and save a hotel cost.

Peggy: Why not Chuck email Shelley, Haydee, and Hildy and ask them if anything is needed or has to be scheduled. It might help jog their memory.

Patrick: Absolutely.

Peggy: I have judge's gifts. I have the High Scoring and I need to get them to Brenda so she can do catalogs. That part is done.

Patrick: We would feel better if we knew that everything is ready. Do OB/Rally people buy catalogs?

Peggy: Not very many.

Patrick: Waive the reading of the minutes.

Peggy: Motion to accept the changes in the minutes.

Patrick: Seconded. Minutes approved as amended.

Patrick : Board meeting minutes from April of 2016. Comments: was Joann there? Not sure. The other thing is on page 2 it says "reflect the charge" is that really what Kelly said?

Kathy: That is what she said.

Patrick: Motion to approve Board meeting minutes as written from the last board meeting.

Peggy: Seconded.

Patrick: Any opposed? No. Without donations our net income would have been \$8.00. That's a big deal.

Peggy: There are a couple of things we still need to split out. Judge's gifts can be split out and rosettes can be split out for the next show. That will make the profit go up.

Patrick: Anything else for April, 2017 show?

Chuck: We need to start moving forward with that. I still have all the legwork to do. Organizational stuff is next.

Patrick: I went to the Topeka and Des Moines shows. Wanted to make you aware that strip ribbons are cheaper than rosettes. They used them for everything.

Kathy: I think that diminishes the effect.

Patrick: Just wanted to bring it up. I will do a flyer for Breeder Education. Since we are having 2 specialties and an education event. We should do an ad for Collies-on-Line.

Chuck: OK, makes sense. When should we put it in?

Patrick: The beginning to middle of September. The second ad for Collies-on-Line is only \$10. How can we not do that? We could put it in at the end of September.

Peggy: Attach a brochure to the ad.

Patrick: We need it to be attached to our premium list. Or the link to our website. I think we agreed there should be a fee for non-members. Brenda said \$100 - \$200.

Peggy: We should get our thoughts together for the June meeting. It could give us a feel for what people think and who would come.

Chuck: We need to plant the seed. I know the Iowa Collie Club was having Dan Cardoza and they put the ad in Collies-on-Line really early.

Peggy: Good idea.

Chuck: Should we put something in in June?

Patrick: Should we put one in in June and then in August or September to also promote the specialty?

Peggy: Send an email to the Board to collect their thoughts. Kelly is more familiar with ads. We have some time.

Patrick: Chat with Collies-on-Line about the cost. I think it is \$35.00 and then \$10.00 for the next one.

Kathy: I don't know what their spread is.

Patrick: Could ask Macy to design an ad. She has done it for us in the past. I will email her.

I haven't done anything on the Judge's Committee, but I will stay on. Talking about 2017, has Terry-All moved? I am in favor of collie judges, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't look at an all-breed judge.

Patrick: Regarding the request to put ads on the website...

Cindy: Kelly's comment – anybody can post on Facebook. She said at Longmont that she didn't like having to go through so much "stuff" to find what she wanted. Other clubs are communicating with each other on Facebook.

Patrick: I know there were challenges with transferring our website. I guess I am a little leery of just open posts and it doesn't seem right to dump it all on Diane.

Chuck: Do most clubs have a Facebook page?

Cindy: That's what I have been finding. Facebook seems to be being more updated. There are some folks out there who have really good pages. How do we get the availability to remove things we feel are inappropriate?

Chuck: We could research other clubs to see what their experiences are.

Peggy: I do mine and don't go to ours very often. But I do think we could make ours more exciting and fun.

Cindy: I will see what I can find out. Obviously Shelley is very familiar with Facebook. I may pick her brain, too.

I have one more item: Meet the Breed. Jan and I are doing it on June 12<sup>th</sup>.

Patrick: Joann is very familiar with it. She would be a good source of information.

Cindy: We used to have a lot of material when Chandra did it. It would be great if we could have some dogs there as well.

Patrick: I think Jan is bringing two sables. I have a canopy if you need it.

Cindy: We can start planning for this. I hope Joann has the materials that Chandra once had. If nothing else we can have some screen grabs from our website.

Peggy: I will see if I have some stuff that I can print out.

Cindy: One club had a garden trellis set up by the table and had some photos on it. It looked really nice.

Peggy: I can bring the banner to the Longmont show. I also have a canopy you can borrow.

Patrick: Any other old business?

Peggy: I still have some ear supplies. Two cans of Doc Brennans, 7 of Zoeez for \$12.00 each, 4 Speedzos and 3 Carpet tapes.

Patrick: It would be a good idea to bring it to Longmont. Could we put that on the website?

Peggy: I don't have that much. I could put it on an email to everyone. It is club money and we should get rid of this stuff.

Patrick: Old Business. What was the final outcome regarding the person who wanted to become a member?

Peggy: I think it was all taken care of by Kelly.

Patrick: We don't know what Terry-All is doing for next year. Just a heads-up we could end up doing it somewhere else. Some places will allow a not-for-profit to use their facilities for free. Any suggestions for April 2017, please send them to me.

Anything else?

Peggy: I think you covered everything.

Kathy: Motion to adjourn.

Everyone: Seconded

Meeting adjourned at 8:58 pm.